Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - Kenyan Proverb
Here are some of the things we do at soul-flower.com to be green.
If you have any other ideas that might help us do even better, please let us know.
- We carry
eco-friendly clothing items, many of which contain organic cotton, recycled fibers, hemp and bamboo. Products are marked with eco icons that identify their green characteristics.
- We have an extensive line of Soul Flower Original designs using
USA made eco friendly & organic fabrics, that are printed in small batches in the USA with natural inks.
support fair trade organizations to ensure that local artisans work in a healthy environment and receive a fair wage.
- We carry many products made from
repurposed and recycled items.
offset our climate footprint through Carbon Fund to support renewable energy and reforestation projects that reduce CO2.
- We ship all of our UPS packages using their Carbon Neutral Shipping Option which helps us offset the environmental cost of sending your goods from Minnesota.
reuse paper, boxes and envelopes whenever possible. Don't be surprised to see your items packaged in reused boxes or envelopes...remember reusing is even better than recycling!
- We are
green office certified through the Greenline Paper Co., which means we use energy wisely, we recycle, we use recycled products & we are overall environmentally savvy.
- We use Priority Mail boxes (which are post consumer recycled) and rarely add packaging materials. But, when we must, we
reuse packing materials that have been sent to us by others. In the last 7 years we haven't bought a single padded envelope or packing peanut.
- All day-to-day printing is done on
recycled paper & we always use both sides.
recycle all unusable paper, cardboard, newsprint, plastic, metal and glass.
- We recycle unusable Tyvec envelopes through an agreement with Dupont, who uses them to make park benches and playground equipment.
- We print our catalog using
soy-based inks on recycled paper with at least 10% post consumer content.
plant three trees for every one tree used in our catalog production through a collaboration with the Arbor Day Foundation. So far this year we sponsored the planting of 2,000 trees in Michigan's Pere Marquette State Forest, and are sponsoring another round of trees this fall.
- We make
regular donations to organizations working hard to further environmental efforts, including the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation,
Green America, Arbor Day Foundation, and CarbonFund.
Please do what you can!